SmartNews For PC – Download on Windows 7, 8, 10, and Mac
The era of clustering at a newspaper vendor’s stand waiting to buy a newspaper to get updated on happenings will be over soon. Also, the days of compulsorily sitting in front of a TV set and tuning to a news channel are fizzling out.
With SmartNews, you can check current news with your smartphone anywhere. Just open the app and view it. Although the app is for smartphones, you can download and run SmartNews for PC by using an emulator.
The process is simple and fast if your PC’s processor is fast. Read to learn more about the SmartNews app and how to download and use it with an emulator.
- Can You Use the Smartnews App on Your PC?
- About the SmartNews App
- Ways to Download and Install Smartnews for PC
- Other Related Apps to the Smartnews App
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use the Smartnews App on Your PC?
You can use the SmartNews app for windows PC. Also, the SmartNews app for Mac is available. But, it is available with the use of emulators. Emulators are apps that allow the download and use of android apps on PCs.
|Content rating||For everyone|
|Updated||January 7, 2022|
About the SmartNews App
SmartNews is a local news app with over a 50million readers in over 150countries. With the app, you can read the latest news about sports, politics, and more. You can even get daily weather forecasts on the app.
When you travel out of your current location, the app automatically starts showing you news about your new location. You don’t need to effect any change on the app to get news on the new location.
SmartNews give standard headlines and news from national news publishers like USA Today, Bleacher Report, and FOX news. Also, they give news from NBC News, the Huffington Post, Bloomberg, The Guardian, and many more.
Features the SmartNews App
- The app gives notifications for local breaking news headlines.
- Fast in browsing headlines.
- Has Smart Mode that enables readability mode for a news reading experience that is optimal.
- It has COVID Map where you can track COVID locations and cases.
- Offers local news and weather forecasts.
Ways to Download and Install Smartnews for PC
There could be many ways to download and install the SmartNews app for smartphones. But, for PCs, there is just one which is by using an Android emulator. For this process, we strongly recommend the BlueStacks emulator and Nox App Player. Even if they are other emulators that can work for this.
1. Download and Install Smartnews Using BlueStacks
BlueStacks is one best and fast selling emulators in the emulator market today. It offers a simple download means, and it is easier to find online.
Step 1: Before further steps, download the BlueStacks emulator first on your PC. For a direct download, you can visit their official website. You will find the download page when you open the website. Click on download and allow the emulator to download.
Step 2: Next, go to the download folder on your PC and click on the emulator’s Exe file. Follow the instructions it shows on your screen to install the emulator.
Step 3: Click on the Google Play Store you see when you open the emulator. You will provide your Google Account ID and password in the space they created for it. Then you can go to the next step.
Step 4: After your registration, open the Google play store. Search for the SmartNews app and select the app out of all the apps it will display. Then, click on the download tab and let the app download. This might take time, so do not interrupt the process until it is complete.
Step 5: You can use the SmartNews app with the BlueStacks emulator by opening the emulator and clicking on ‘My Apps’. Then select the SmartNews app from the list of downloaded apps that will display.
You can also try the APK method to download the SmartNews app. You still need an emulator for this. So, download and install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Step 1: Select and download the APK file of the app. Ensure that you save it in your download folder.
- Step 2: Open your emulator. There is a Menu tab at the homepage top. Click on it and select upload. Select the APK from the ‘Download’ folder and upload it.
- Step 3: After the upload, open the emulator and click on ‘My Apps’. Select the SmartNews app, open it and use it.
2. Download and Install Smartnews Using Nox App Player
Nox App Player is another good emulator that works perfectly to use smartphone apps on PC. This App Player is one of the best there is online.
- Step 1: Download Nox App Player on your PC first. To download the App Player directly, visit their official website. Click the ‘Download’ tab and allow the process to complete.
- Step 2: After downloading Nox App Player successfully, next is to click on the app’s Exe file on the download folder of your PC. Follow the instructions to install the App Player.
- Step 3: Open your Nox App Player, click on the Google Play Store, and complete the registration. You need a Google Account ID and password for this.
- Step 4: After the Google Account registration, open the Google Play Store and tap the search bar. Then, search for ‘SmartNews app’ and select the app. Click on the download tab to download the app.
- Step 5: Up next, open the emulator and click the ‘My Apps’ tab. Then, select the SmartNews app from your downloaded app list and launch it. Just like it works on your smartphone, it works the same way on your PC.
Other Related Apps to the Smartnews App
Newsmax app is the official app for Newsmax TV. Newsmax TV is America’s cable news channel in over a 60million homes. The app is completely free. With the app, you can get news on politics, world events, health, and finance.
2. AP News
The AP News app brings you breaking news from over 100 sources you can trust. You can trust the app for real-time news anywhere. The app is in English and Spanish languages.
NewsBreak feeds you with daily breaking news and alerts you when it drops. The app sends you notifications on current events. It offers trending news headlines, international news, and weather forecasts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the SmartNews app free?
SmartNews is a free newsreader android and iOS app. With it, you can browse the latest news from different news categories. It loads fast as you switch from one category to the other.
Who owns SmartNews?
Chasmy Sarkis is the owner of SmartNews. Muhammad Malaak edited the app. Then in August 2013, they launched the app.
Is SmartNews by Google?
The SmartNews app has won many ‘Apps of The Year’ awards. Also, it has won several ‘Best News App’ awards. The app is available on Google Play Store.
The creators of the SmartNews app had news lovers in mind when they made the app. It is like a portable newscaster that goes where ever your phone goes. The amazing part is that the app is free.
You can as well use SmartNews for PC if you are someone that prefers the PC standard. It only takes a few steps to download and you can use the app. But not without an emulator.