Prisma For PC (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac) – Free Download
With the constantly increasing popularity of social media platforms, even our aged grandparents can boast of a Twitter account. Moreover, a majority of these social media platforms have provisions for uploading photos. Having a poor camera sucks, and it may be quite embarrassing to post poor-quality images on your wall.
Thankfully, you don’t need to have the latest iPhone to capture the best pictures. All you need is a phone whose camera can give you a picture with good details. You can then proceed to do the finishing touches using photo editing apps. One great smartphone app that can help you achieve this is Prisma.
Prisma is a photo editing app with a great user interface and multiple filters which you can choose from. The good news is that it can work with your Windows or Mac PC. So, in this article, we will be showing you how to download and install the app on your PC; keep reading.
Can You Use Prisma for Your Windows 7, 8, 10, and Mac?
Prisma was originally designed for use on smartphones. However, you can download and use it on your Windows 7, 8, 10, and Mac by extension. But this isn’t always as easy as it sounds on paper because the app was designed with compatibility for Android or iPhones.
For that reason, you need to get an emulator installed on your PC to download the PC version successfully. Some popular emulators you can choose from include BlueStacks, Nox Player, and Memu emulators.
This article will guide you on the download and installation of this app on your PC using Nox player and BlueStacks emulators. Also, you will find answers to some frequently asked questions and relative apps that you can use in place of Prisma.
Features of Prisma for PC
Prisma is a great app that can be used to edit your photos and is recommended on many app reviews. Let’s consider some of this app’s features that earn it such a position in app stores.
- It has many photo editing tools to give your photos aesthetic finishing touches. Some of the notable ones include contrast, brightness, sharpness, exposure, etc.
- The app download is free. However, you can make some in-app purchases. The different purchases allow you to enjoy different privileges within certain time durations. Also, note that the privileges you can access increase with the amount of money you pay.
- You have access to over 300 filters that are constantly updated daily.
- You can apply different effects to your photos. The most outstanding and popular effect the app is known for gives your photos the appearance of a painting. So, irrespective of who your favorite famous painter is, ranging from Picasso to Munch, you can make your photos look like their works with just a tap.
- The app allows you to manage the in-app subscriptions to turn off the auto-renewal feature. However, note that you have to turn off this feature 24 hours before the expiration of your current subscription.
- The app occasionally introduces new styles that you can apply to your photos. Already, you have over 500 styles you can choose from.
- You can also edit the background of your selfies, replacing them with any template or image in your gallery. In addition, you can add a frame to your pictures.
How to Download Prisma for PC Using Nox player
- Step 1: Visit the Nox player official website and download the app onto your PC. Alternatively, you can just search for the app on your browser.
- Step 2: Once you are done with the download, click on the file to open and follow the instructions on the screen to have it installed.
- Step 3: Emulator apps only allow you to install apps after you have signed in to your Google account. So follow the icon to sign in.
- Step 4: Once you are done with the sign-in, search download Prisma for windows 8 in the available search bar, check the search results, and follow the prompts to download it.
- Step 5: Once you’ve successfully downloaded the Prisma app, you can find it among downloads in your Nox player. Click on it to install it and start using it.
How to Download Prisma for PC Using BlueStacks
Step 1: Following the same steps as we earlier described for downloading Nox player, download Bluestacks on your PC. Also, don’t forget to sign in to your google account. If you don’t have one, you can get one created in a few minutes.
Step 2: Once you have signed in, click on the search bar at the top right corner of your home screen. In the search bar, type in Prisma download for pc and search. Search for the appropriate link among the search results and follow it to the download page.
Step 3: Click on the green download button to initiate the app download. After the download, follow the setup wizard instructions on the screen to install the app.
Step 4: After the installation, the Prisma icon becomes visible in the downloads folder in your Bluestacks app. click on the icon to open the app and use it.
Top Similar Apps to Prisma
Just like the Prima app, Pixlr allows you to make your photos look like beautiful works of art. In addition, you can add beautiful finishing touches to give your pictures that superb Instagram-worthy quality. Also, you can add overlays, effects, or borders to give your pictures that desired appearance in your imagination.
Another equally amazing app like Prisma is PicsArt. It’s a smartphone app that allows you to apply multiple effects to your photos to satisfy any appearance of preference. The artistic filter gives your photo the appearance of a painting. Picsart boasts a large number of filters and tools that allow you to draw, create stickers, edit videos, make beautiful collages, etc. Also, you can use this app to replace the background of your pictures with any image or template of your choice.
If you are still not satisfied with the artistic effects in Prisma, then you need to try out the superphoto app. The app has a free version that allows you to access a limited number of features, including 200+ different effects. However, an upgrade to the full version grants you access to 1500+ effects for your photos. The only disadvantage you will be facing is that the app doesn’t have a community you can interact with.
Dreamscope is a great alternative to Prisma with very similar features. It has a wide variety of effects such as watercolor, pencil sketch, deep dream, calculus, and lots more. However, note that it works only on IOS devices. Also, it lacks the speed you enjoy on the Prisma app. Furthermore, you can only wait for the app to finalize the effects in the background and notify you once the change has been applied.
5. Photo lab
Photo lab is just one of the numerous alternatives that can help you achieve that artistic appearance on your photos. Some of the effects that are similar to that of the Prisma app can be found in its artistic effects folder. Some of them are antique oil painting, pointillism drawing, charcoal drawing, fusion painting, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Prisma app free?
At the timing of this writing, the Prisma app can be downloaded and used for free. So, if you are a smartphone user with zero or little photo editing skills, this is a great app to start with. Simply get on your iTunes app or play store to download the app and start turning those photos into beautiful pieces of art.
Is the Prisma app a Chinese app?
Prisma is not a Chinese app, as is the popular belief of many folks. Moreover, it was created by Russian app developers.
Can I use the Prisma app on my pc?
Prisma was originally designed for use on smartphones. However, you can use it on your PC if you download it using an android emulator. The emulator software acts as a substitute for the app store since you don’t have the app on your pc app store.
Prisma gives one of the best artistic touches to your pictures. You can make your pictures come alive with the touch of any of your favorite drawing artists. The idea that the app is built for use on phones is no more a thing of concern since you can use it on your Windows or Mac if you have an emulator installed on the device.
Lastly, we have suggested some apps that are a great alternative for the Prisma app. However, that’s if you want to have a feel of variation. We have also given a step-by-step guide to help you install Prisma using Bluestacks and Nox player emulator.