Orbot For PC Windows 10/8/7/Mac – Free Download
Most times, our private messages are not private because of cyber threats and internet openness. Most people get their messages tracked, which is not safe for you. To make this stop, get the Orbot app on your device. The app is a free proxy app that can make other apps on your device using a secure internet.
Although this app is an android app and the creators state it clearly in the description, people still want the app on their PCs. This is hardly possible as you cannot directly download an android version app on your PC. However, you can use an android emulator to download and use Orbot for PC.
There is more to the Orbot app that you do not know, but we have listed them all in this article and even the app’s features. Also, we have outlined the guiding steps to follow and download the Orbot app on your PC with an emulator. Read this article to the end to learn more.
- Can You Use Orbot on Your PC?
- What Are the Functions of Orbot for PC?
- Highlighted Features Offered By Orbot for PC
- Download and Install Orbot for PC (Windows and Mac OS)
- Related App to Orbot
- Frequently Asked Question
Can You Use Orbot on Your PC?
Using the Orbot app on your PC is not possible if you try to do it directly. But, when you use an android emulator, it becomes possible and even easy. An emulator is a platform that emulates android applications and makes them run on your PC. There are many android emulators online for you to download and use.
|Name||Orbot: Tor for Android|
|Size||Varies with devices|
|Updated||March 11, 2022|
|Requires Android||4.1 and up|
|Developer||The Tor Project|
What Are the Functions of Orbot for PC?
The Orbot app is a free proxy app promoting private and secure internet surfing or any online activity. The app makes other apps on your phone have fast internet access. With Tor, the Orbot app encrypts your internet traffic, then bounces it through computers in the world, therefore hiding the traffic.
Similar Read: How to Install and Run WhatsCall for PC on Windows
Tor itself protects people from network surveillance threats. The program delivers its users’ private relationship activities or business activities and freedom on the internet. When people receive a message from Tor, the identity of the sender and the locations remain anonymous.
Highlighted Features Offered By Orbot for PC
- The Orbot app offers you the most secure online activities. Unlike VPNs and proxies, it bounces off your encrypted traffic through many other computers worldwide.
- The app offers other apps on your device privacy.
- You can contact the customer care of the Orbot app at anytime
Download and Install Orbot for PC (Windows and Mac OS)
Knowing how to download and open Orbot for PC is very important. This is because your PC applications also need the Orbot app features. There are many android emulators you can use to download the app; we will show you how to use just two. There are the BlueStacks emulator and the Nox App Player.
1. Using the BlueStacks Emulator
The BlueStacks emulator promotes a fast and prompt android application download. Here are the steps you can use to download the app on your PC with the BlueStacks emulator.
- Step 1: Turn on your PC, open the web browser, and search for the BlueStacks emulator online. When you find it, download the app to your PC.
- Step 2: To use the android emulator you just downloaded, open its raw file and follow the instructions that you see. Make sure you accept the license agreement of the app.
- Step 3: After the previous step, register the Google Play Store in the emulator by finding it and opening it. Then, fill in your Google Account ID and password.
- Step 4: After the registration, the Play Store will open, and you will now use it to search for the Orbot app and download it.
- Step 5: Use the app on your PC through the emulator. Open the list of apps in the emulator, select the Orbot app, and use the app.
2. Using the Nox App Player
If you need a fast and straightforward emulator to download and use android applications on your PC, Nox App Player will suit you. The emulator has a firm user-friendly interface, and with it, you can download and use almost every android application online. The steps below will guide you on downloading and using the Orbot app on your PC with the Nox App Player.
- Step 1: Open its web browser. Then, search for the Nox App Player online or go to their official website and download the app to your PC.
- Step 2: Open the raw file and follow the instructions to install the emulator. Then accept the license agreement of Nox App Player.
- Step 3: Next, register the Google Play Store in Nox App Player. Then, fill in your Google Account ID and password.
- Step 4: After that, the Play Store will open, and you will now use it to search for the Orbot app and download it.
- Step 5: Open the list of apps in the Nox App Player, select the Orbot app, and use the app.
Related App to Orbot
1. OONI Probe
If your websites, social media applications, and other online services are blocked, the OONI Probe app can help you examine them. The app can also give you an approximate speed figure of your network. Also, it can let you know the systems that are responsible for the slow or fast internet you have.
2. Tor Browser
The Tor Browser app is one of Tor’s projects. This browser grants users private and secure access to the internet. People can watch videos, download games, download applications, music, and perform many other online actions with the app. Users do all these with an assurance of safety.
3. Tor Browser (Alpha)
Tor Browser Alpha is another major project of Tor. This browser offers more privacy compared to the regular Tor Browser. The Tor Browser Alpha gives its users secure internet access, and it is one of the best in the act.
Frequently Asked Question
Is it safe to use Orbot?
Orbot is one safest method to browse the internet with an android device. The app protects you from other threats, and it doesn’t make you vulnerable to itself.
Does Orbot make you anonymous?
When you use Orbot, you become completely anonymous when you access any internet service. Your online identity suddenly doesn’t exist till you turn the app off.
Can I use Orbot and VPN at the same time?
The Orbot app will still work if you use it at the same time with a VPN. It will be a smart move to use both services together. Orbot itself has a few restrictions, and a VPN can help you bypass it while you access the app’s full potential.
Orbot assures its users of private internet access, and it hasn’t failed on its promise. The app is an android app, and you can find it o Google Play Store to download.
Orbot for PC is an excellent idea, but a PC cannot hold and run an android application, except you use an android emulator. BlueStacks and Nox App Player are the best to download the Orbot on your PC.