How To Download Arlo App For PC – Windows and Mac
If you’re on the market for a smart security solution for your home, look no further than Arlo. The Arlo app comes with cutting edge technology which ensures that your surveillance system is secure and easy to use at all times. The downside to using this app is that there’s no version for the PC and Mac. Luckily, you can easily use an android emulator such as Nox Player or BlueStacks to run the app on your computer.
To install Arlo on your PC and Mac, download and install an android emulator such as BlueStacks or Nox Player on your computer. Launch and log into the Google Play Store on your device. Search for the Arlo app and install it. Give it the needed permissions, connect it to your surveillance system and you’re good to go.
In this article, I will guide you on how you can run the Arlo app for PC, just like you do for your mobile. In 4 simple steps, your security app will be on your computer.
How to Download & Install Arlo App for PC – Windows and Mac
For Arlo to work on your PC or Mac, you have to download an Android emulator on your Mac or PC. This will you run any mobile app including Arlo. For the best android emulators, download Bluestacks or Nox player for your PC to run Arlo.
Install Arlo on your PC or Mac as follows:
- Download the Bluestacks android emulator to your PC then install it.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Android emulator then log in with your Google account ID and password.
- In the Google Play Store, search for the ‘Arlo’ app. Install it on your PC.
- Give the app the needed permissions then connect it to your surveillance cameras.
You can then enjoy the app as you would on a smartphone.
Why you Should use Arlo For PC
Arlo takes the security of your home or office to a whole new level as you can configure the app in several ways. The app connects to the cameras on your surveillance system wirelessly through the internet to ensure you’re always secure even when you’re not close to your property.
It can detect any kind of extra audio input it gets and alerts you at once. If there is an unusually loud noise in your home, it will notify you with an alarm in the app. This can occur when someone is trying to break into your home or other such cases.
These features make sure that your home or office is safe from any kind of break-in. The camera and the app will monitor the coverage area for 24/7 and keep you notified. The monitoring gets even easier when you are able to connect all the security cameras you have in your house. You can watch live footage from the cameras or you can just keep them on record to watch later.
Key Features of Arlo App
There are some pretty great features that have made the Arlo app one of the most popular smart security apps such as the following:
- The app connects to multiple cameras. When using a PC, the surveillance is even better since you have a larger screen to see various feeds quite well.
- The video quality of the feed is also excellent even on the larger screen of a desktop canvas.
- Arlo has an audio detection system that can detect unusual noise and alert you. It also uses a Motion alert system to alert you. When sudden noises or movements occur around your house, you will be notified by this camera.
- The app allows for keeping videos on live feed or storing them for later use. Keep in mind that the stored videos take up storage space.
- You can use the Arlo app for PC as a smart doorbell if you want. It will work with the camera whereby someone on the outside triggers the camera to notify you on your phone or PC.
- You can use the app for setting up alarms if you see any strangers at your doorstep and you need to scare him away.
These features can be easily accessed from the home screen and the control center for the app.
What are the Features of the Upcoming 2021?
Besides the above features, Arlo have announced an impressive list of features to come to the app and they include the following:
- The app will be faster than ever while connecting to multiple cameras at the same time.
- The audio detection technology will now be extended. You will thus have clearer audio records.
- The doorbell feature will now be activated with the smart motion detector.
With these features, always make sure you update the app to enjoy the best and latest from the company.
With the features and steps above, the Arlo app has set itself apart as one of the most reliable and feature-rich smart surveillance apps available. Users of this app have great reviews and my experience using it has been excellent to say the least. I love the fact that you have a long period of trial followed by a reasonable price for the features it offers. On my Mac, it works very well and has been my go-to app to keep my premises secure. I highly recommend this Arlo app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Arlo app free?
Arlo comes as a free trial, and when the trial expires, you need to subscribe for $19.99 a month.
How long does Arlo keep recordings?
After your 3-month tech support ends, you will have 7 days rolling recording service. It will keep storing the new recordings and wiping the previous once from 7 days behind. As such, you’ll only have video feed from the last 7 days.
Ho can Arlo app record continuously?
The Arlo app can record all the time using the CVR technology on a continuous basis.