How To Download Arlo App For PC – Windows and Mac
There are many smart home security apps online, but the Arlo app is in the leading team. The app is one of the best home security apps to safe-keep your home and property while away. In addition, the wire-free feature makes the app even more impressive and worth using.
Unfortunately for people that want to operate the app on their PC, there is no Arlo app for PC. However, you can download and run the Arlo app using an emulator. Keep reading this article to learn more about the Arlo app and its features. Also, read to know how to download and install the app using an android emulator.
- Can You Make Use of the Arlo App on Your PC?
- What Is the Arlo App About?
- What Are the Features of the Arlo App?
- How to Download and Install the Arlo App on Your Windows and Mac PC
- Related Apps to the Arlo App
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make Use of the Arlo App on Your PC?
You can use the Arlo app for PC smoothly and without extra charges. But, you cannot do this without an android emulator on your PC. The emulator is the key factor that makes the android app work on PC your PC.
|Size||Varies with device|
|Requires Android||Varies with device|
|Current Version||Varies with device|
|Content Rating||For 3+|
|Developer||Arlo Technologies. Inc.|
|Updated||January 25, 2022|
What Is the Arlo App About?
Arlo is a smart home security app. Arlo Technologies Inc., one best home security companies, developed the Arlo app and a few more security devices that are wire-free and weatherproof. The security devices Arlo has can make you watch over important things effortlessly.
You can stream live video, arm or disarm your system, play recorded videos, and do more with the app. The app puts your security in your hands, as it has features that give you full control of your home security camera. Also, even from your phone lock screen, you can take action on the app through the pop-up notifications.
What Are the Features of the Arlo App?
- The Arlo app live streaming option is free
- You can watch pre-recorded videos with the app
- It allows you to arm and disarms your security with one click
- The app lets you change your security through notifications even without unlocking your device
- It works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and a few other personal assistant apps
How to Download and Install the Arlo App on Your Windows and Mac PC
To download, install, and run the Arlo app for PC, you must have an android emulator on your PC. You can use the BlueStacks emulator and Nox App Player for the download. There are two methods to use the emulator to download the app. There is the normal download method and the APK download method.
1. Download via BlueStacks emulator
The BlueStacks emulator is one of the oldest and nicest online. With the emulator, users can download and use almost every android app that does not support PCs.
Simple steps for the normal download
Step 1: Before you download and run the Arlo app on your PC, you must download the BlueStacks emulator. Open www.bluestacks.com and click on the download bar to download the emulator.
Step 2: When you have downloaded it, go to your download folder, find the app’s Exe file, and open it. Then, follow the instructions to install.
Step 3: Open the Google Play Store in the BlueStacks emulator and register it with your Google Account ID and password.
Step 4: Search for the Arlo app via the Google Play Store. Then, click on the app and click on the download bar to download the app.
Step 5: After downloading the Arlo app, it will be on the list of apps you have downloaded. Enter the ‘My App’ option, select the security app, and launch it.
The APK download method
- Step 1: From the browser on your PC, search for the Arlo app’s APK file. Select a location to save it after downloading, then click ‘Download’ to download the security app.
- Step 2: Click on the menu bar in the BlueStacks emulator, and select ‘Upload.’ Select the file from where you saved it and upload it to the emulator. Then the security app will download to your emulator.
- Step 3: Click on ‘My Apps’ and select the Arlo app to open it. When it opens, lunch the app.
2. Download via Nox App Player
This is an android emulator that allows users to download and run mobile applications on their PCs. The app is easy to use and easy to find too. It is efficient and free.
Simple steps to make the normal download
Step 1: Go to the official website of the App Player. When the site opens, click on download to download the Nox App Player.
Step 2: Enter your download folder, find the Exe file, open it, and follow the instructions to install the app. Next, open the app, accept the license agreement and start using the Nox App Player.
Step 3: Open Google Play in the App Player and register in it with your Google Account ID and password. When the registration is complete, you can use the Google Play Store for downloads.
Step 4: With the Google Play Store, search for the Arlo app. Then, click on the download bar to download the app.
Step 5: After downloading the Arlo app, go to ‘My App’ and select the app to use the app.
The APK download method
- Step 1: Search for the APK file of the Arlo app on your PC browser. Choose a location to save it after download, then click on the ‘Download’ bar to download it.
- Step 2: Click on the menu bar after opening the Nox App player and click on ‘Upload.’ Select the file from where you saved it, then upload it to the App Player. The app will download and save in the list of apps you have downloaded with the App Player.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘My Apps’ option, then choose the security app. Open the app and launch it.
Related Apps to the Arlo App
1. Eufy Security
The Eufy Security app is endowed. The app has cameras and door sensors; it offers live video; it offers smart gateways; and it has a motion detector. All these services are for the control and effective use of your home security.
The CloudEdge app is for security. The app immediately sends you when it detects motion at the security camera range. In addition, it has a live streaming option, a playback option, an image share option, and more.
The ZUMIMALL app works on security systems. There are many security features in the app for user to better their security experience. For example, you can use the app as a remote for its security camera.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Arlo app for?
The Arlo app connects to security Arlo security devices, and streams live with them. You can play clips the camera has recorded and do many other things with the app.
Does the Arlo app work without a subscription?
Since the Arlo cameras do not need a subscription to function, then the app does not too. But subscribing offers you a better experience on the app with more features at your disposal.
How many cameras can I have on my Arlo system?
The Basic Arlo system plan allows you to have five or fewer cameras on your account. But, with the Premier plan, you can add up to 10 cameras and nothing more. Then, in the Elite plan, you can add a maximum of 15 cameras.
Arlo Technologies Inc. is a company that deals with smart home security equipment that includes apps and other security devices. They developed the Arlo app and stuffed it with many features that meet home security standards.
The app is an android app. But, users can access the Arlo app for PC through an android emulator and run the app without stress.